You all have that Travel freak inside yourself who loves to travel one or the other way but most of you lack information that not only may help you to improve the quality of Travel but also makes your Travel in Budget by avoiding small mistakes.
Here are my Top 15 Things Not To Do List While Traveling across the Globe:
1) Do not book your holiday tickets too early: It is very convenient for you to Book flight tickets as soon as possible but you forget that you can save money if you grab the right deals inopportune moment, means we can save on tickets too.
Buy your flight tickets 3-4 months before your Holiday at a reasonable price, keep an eye on all discount deals that flight booking companies offer time to time.
Companies do offer last minute offers to fill their last-minute cancellations and they won’t leave with half vacant boats and buses.
2) Do not Eat in Restaurants near any tourist spot: The reason for not to dine in tourist places is their food quality and hefty prices.
You may find the quality of Food inferior against the prices those restaurants offer, they just charge extra due to their prime location and the lazy and tiring crowd they attract.
3) Do not ignore your Body Language: When you are in foreign country, you must be careful about your body gestures.
People in different countries have their own body language culture which they want others to respect and follow once you are on their land just like their own culture.
It is advisable for you to go through Body language guide for different countries to avoid any kind of chaos which land you in any messed up situation.
4) Do not strike of Hostel option from your accommodation list: Do consider Hostel accommodation options also.
They are incredibly pocket-friendly and clean with services like free wifi, laundry services, game and dorm rooms, pools, kitchen spaces, and nice gardens.
5) Do not Save Money on the cost of time: There is a saying that Time is money but do not waste your time proving it. Any mismanagement of time and money will lose your wonderful experiences.
Here, while traveling you must prepare your list of places where time plays big role like if you are planning to visit any historical place who adhere to their opening and closing time then, there is no such way in saving bucks instead consider your time management skills and quick options.
6) Do not limit yourself only to the tourist places: When you travel go off Beat and enjoy maximum and do not just hide in the hotel rooms and strolling on tourist places like others. Explore other promising places like nearby villages, a town, or small cafes down the street.
Before heading to any offbeat option, have a small talk to natives to have full knowledge about the places for the safety purpose.
Just Explore the unexplored side of that place if you want to enjoy to the fullest, make yourself fully aware of the directions so that you do not get lost.
7) Do not limit your knowledge to one and Big name travel search portals: Explore is the right word here. Just do research on various travel portals but do not caught in traps of deals by the biggies in the market who charge more on the name the brand for hotel, and flight bookings and tour packages, go for pocket-friendly and safe travel portal option.
The only need is your awareness about the place you are plan to visit and the prevailing offers for the same in the market with the similar deals.
8) Do not overindulge on smart phones: Here, I am reminding you that you are on vacation. Leave that urge to answer each and every email, or phone call, or any text until and unless someone is dying 🙂
The only technology you need on your vacation is travel gadgets, like camera or Handycam with adapter and charger as these you can’t afford to miss to capture your memories.
9) Do not forget your Basic Etiquettes: Do not get me wrong here that you lack etiquette.My point here is that sometimes we play ignorant that registers yourself as a reverse case for other people.
For e.g: if you take any candid photo and videos of people and tag it under any of your photos album invading other’s personal space without their information or permission.
By doing so, you have already touched their sensitive nerve where you must respect the privacy of other people even if you are back to your countries after your vacation, always seek permission while taking and tagging any pictures and videos.
10) Do not trick by Cab drivers: While traveling and visiting places, prefer using public transportation as much as you can.
In case if you need to hire a taxi, get their tariff card in advance or go for meter taxi’s and also see if the meter is properly working.
11) Do not take your safety for granted: Be very careful about your Safety while traveling especially solo travelers and that too females.
Be aware of all the dark sides of the traveling places well in advance so that you can avoid it so that you do not land in any unguarded situation.
Tip: Be handy with all the emergency numbers including your hotel reception number of that place in case you need any help.
12) Avoid any foreign transaction fees: Always use plastic money like credit or ATM cards that do not charge any fees for foreign transactions and other surcharges when you are overseas, hence carefree shopping 🙂
13) Do not dress inappropriately: Always dress modest and respectful while you are in those countries and places where they follow strict laws for dressing like if you are visiting middle east, the South East Asian countries and Islamic countries.
Always be aware of the dress code while visiting any sacred place in any country, Carry scarf and stole with you.
14) Do not forget to get your Travel insurance: While traveling to any country, there might be chances of injuries to thefts to natural disasters or anything that can bring your worst nightmares come true.
Just to protect you and your family from any such unfruitful experience, getting you and yourself insured helps you to overcome such crises, otherwise
results in super high costs.
15) Do not exchange your currency at the airport: The currency exchange at the airports levy very high exchange rates.
The currency exchange shops in the markets offer you more affordable rates and also you can consider your credit or an ATM card for the same purpose.
Motivated anything to add to this ‘Don’t’ travel list? Pop them in the comments column and share this with different travel freaks to enable them to organize and execute their trip excursions in a more better way.
Stay Safe! Travel Smart!