Best Time to visit: April to June and September to early November.
Cheapest Time: Mid January to end Feb.
NYC- The Newyork city is one of the richest and largest cities in the United States of America. The city being as a center of power, culture, and commerce is famously known as ‘The Big Apple’, or just ‘The City’. Each year, thousands of tourist have this city to visit on their bucket list.
The NYC is one of the popular destinations for food, amusement parks, fashion, research, trade, ferries, media, art, and culture.
Still, we manage to find in this city which offers 13 Free things to do.Here we go!
1) Explore Central Park(West): If you feel like strolling in some beautiful garden or having a picnic plan, then this is the place to be. The garden offers you a wonderful family picnic time along with the location views from some famous movie scenes like The Avengers, Senerditipity, The Hitch, and When Harry Met Sally, try while having fun in recalling those scenes from any of your favorite mentioned movies.
Entry is FREE
Time: 6 am to 1 am (All Days open)
2) Visit Art Galleries: If you are passionate about art, then this city fulfill your dreams as Newyork city has some of the most wonderful museums under their hat. Good News that the entry of most of the amazing museums like the Bronx Museum of the Arts, National Museum of the American Indian, Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art, and the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology are entirely free of cost.
On the other hand, there are other popular art galleries like Museum of Modern Art permit entry on every Friday from 4 pm through 8 pm whereas hosts special events on every first Saturday of the month and Yes, Entry in both the above art galleries are FREE on their mentioned dates and time.Image: Brooklyn Museum
3) Watch Live Events: Everyone knows that NYC is a city of entertainment also and also a home to so many Hollywood stars. You may fortunate to watch the making of some fabulous Television shows and also some other Audience Live television shows which permit audience free of cost.
Some of the most popular of such shows on the list are America’s Got Talent, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, The View, Good Morning America, and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
You may book your tickets FREE on line or by attending in a waiting queue, although it’s little time-consuming activity but trust me it will give you an amazing experience when you watch your favorite or less favorite celebrities Live.
4) Visit Bryant Park: Do you ever Dream of watching Live Movie Screening or Making of your any movie song, if your answer is Yes, then you may head to Bryant Park. The garden is famous for hosting such Screening of classical Movies like Footloose, Chinatown, and Back to Future and Performances by biggest Broadway hits like The Wicked, Kinky Boots, Matilda, and Chicago.
Although, Entry is Free! but a twist in the story is these screenings take place only during Summers 🙂
5) Delacorte Theatre: If you are open to experimenting little on the traditional front then you must try Shakespeare in the Park. They make you watch one of the most popular theatre performances at the open-air theatre in the Central Park West, very popular in NYC.
The performances are managed by the Newyork City arts organization. The well known Public Theatre runs the donations to support and fund the performances on stage. For Free Tickets, you need to stand in a queue which is given on the same day of the event.
6) Visit Botanical Gardens: The Newyork city has two very popular Botanical gardens named The New York Botanical Garden and The Queens Botanical Garden.
The vision and mission of both the gardens is to promote the city’s architecture, public space, and the future of urban life by educating in their own style.
An iconic museum called The Newyork Botanical Garden which is well known for its educational institution, a renowned plant research, and the conservative organization. The Newyork Botanical Garden is distinguished by the beauty of its diverse landscape and massive collections and gardens.
Free Entry on Wednesday and Saturdays (9 am to 10 am).
Image: The New York Botanical Garden
Queens Botanical Garden(QBG) holds innovative educational cultural programs, photo contest, adult programs, and the real-world applications of environmental stewardship which permit FREE Entry on Tuesday to Sunday from 8 am to 4.30 pm ( November through March).
Image: The Queens Botanical Garden
7) NYC’s Wildlife Park: If you are looking for some cool trip for your kids or Birthday celebrations then, just explore the Zoo’s in the Newyork city. The most popular Zoo is which permits FREE Entry for all between 2 pm to 4.45pm only on Wednesdays; other days Entry is paid and Free for members & Children of Age 2 and below. Image: Staten Island Zoo
8) Island Ferry: You may get a chance to ride on which operates between St. George Ferry Terminal and the Whitehall Terminal in Lower Manhatten free of cost. The Ride took place approx 25 minutes with a gap of 15 minutes to half an hour depend on different days which allows people to get a good view of the Newyork City Skyline and Landmarks.
9) Visit Museum at the World Trade Centre: The whole world still remembers and mourns when that horrifying 9/11 event took place on September 11, 2001. So if you feel like visiting 9/11 Memorial where twin memorial pools with the names of the 1993 and 2001 bombing victim inscribed in bronze are displayed, Entry is FREE of cost and open for all between 7.30 am to 9 pm on daily basis.
10) NewYork Public Library: If you have a passion for reading, you must visit Rose Main Reading Room at the NYPL. The interior of the library will amaze you with murals and chandeliers making the perfect atmosphere for your reading book mood and you may also peek at the Gutenberg Bible or the imitation of the original Declaration of Independence.
Image: NewYork Public Library
11) Stroll the Brooklyn Bridge: You must take a stroll on Brooklyn bridge once you landed in the city for the free scenic view on early weekdays.
12) Stargazing at the High Line: The Free Elevated garden which is everybody’s favorite gets better on Tuesday Evenings. You may experience the stargazing through public telescopes open for Public for FREE from the Amateur Astronomers Association between West 15th and 16th streets.
Here, we come to an end of our Free to do List, Plan your trip let us know about your experience in the comment section.
Travel Safe! Be on Budget!